2 batches (10-inch) prepared pie dough (homemade or store bought)
1 x 15oz Organic Canned Pumpkin
½ cup Chestnuts, roasted whole and fine chopped
2 cup Heavy Cream, divided in 2. Keep 1 cup for whipped cream
½ cup Whole Milk
2 lg Eggs
½ cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon, powder
2 tsp Ginger, powder
1 pinch Clove, ground
1 pinch Nutmeg, ground
¼ tsp Salt
For the dough:
2 ½ cups AP Flour
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
½ tsp Salt
1 cup Cold Butter
1/3 cup Cold Water
Flour for dusting
For the dough
1. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and salt. Using a pastry cutter, large-tined fork or a food processor on pulse, cut the chilled butter into the flour until it looks like coarse sand with pea size bits as well.
2. Sprinkle the water evenly over the mixture and toss gently a few times, until it form a ball that holds together. Separate the ball into 2 balls, flatten slightly into thick disk shapes, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for several hours before using or in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
For the Tart
1. Pre heat the oven at 375°
2. Use a round or scalloped cookie cutter. 3 to 3 1/2 inch cutter should be perfect for a regular sized muffin pan. Use a smaller cutter if using a mini muffin tin. Cut out 12 circles and press into a nonstick muffin
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, chestnuts, cream, milk, eggs, sugar, spices, and salt. Carefully fill the dough all the way to the top.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry dough to 12 inch disks. Carefully transfer the dough on a lined baking sheet. Spoon the fruits on the pastry round, heaping them up, leaving a 2 inch border all around the edge of the dough.
5. Bake pies until crust is golden brown and pies are set and puffed. My tartlets took about 30 minutes. Pies made in a mini muffin tin will take about 12-15 minutes. Cool and Pipe or dollop whipped cream on top and serve!
Vegetables and fruits are a crucial part of a healthy diet, and quality and variety are more important than quantity. No single fruit or vegetable provides all of the nutrients you need!